Style is a reflection of one’s attitude and personality. A person’s style speaks volumes about him. It is a simple way of saying complicated things. Having a great personal style is a curiosity about oneself, isn’t it? In the modern era, there are no rules. One should create his own visual style and let it be unique for himself and yet identifiable for others.
Speaking of style statement in terms of gender, the variety of clothing for men is not as elaborate as compared to that of women. Many men are confused by fashion trends, and for good reason. Unlike baseball or engineering, there seems to be no logic or set of ground rules as to how it operates. What’s fashionable today may not be “in” next week, and what looks good on that tall tan athletic male model doesn’t seem to compliment someone else.
However, there are certain clothing patterns that men can adhere to or choose from which will eventually help them in finding their style. Some of them are explained as follows:
- For college, block colour tees and denims are quite common. Along with that, sneakers and a pair of shades for a sunny day add to the personality. Finally, loose cargos and a tee or maybe a khadi kurta with denims can rock the day.
- For winters, a pair of boots, denims, overcoats, pullovers, or sometimes simply a hoodie for a cosy and casual look is amazing.
- For a party, minimalist style can work. For example a crisp shirt and a watch will do. A well tailored suit is timeless. Tuxedo always charms the crowd and of course a churidar and a kurta are an evergreen outfit when it comes to a traditional gathering.
- For events and concerts, denims and bombers are the pick of the day while tees too can make up.
- For gala dinners, a formal shirt with trousers or the Friday dressing too can work here.
Being stylish doesn’t translate to jumping on every trend thrown on a catwalk or shown in an editorial. While men should keep an eye on trends, the focus should be on how it can work for them. Trends are important, but rather than going out and buying a whole new wardrobe, its elements should be introduced slowly. For example, one doesn’t need to go out and buy a check suit. In fact, one should start with just a shirt or a t shirt and see if it works for him.
Also, there is a way that clothes are supposed to fit. For a long time, guys thought they just bought something and then put it on. For example, guys carrying a bit of extra weight tend to just buy a bigger in size. But the reality is, a tailored look is much more flattering. Fit is always the key to looking good and a man in well-fitting clothes exudes confidence. Along with clothing, footwear can be the pin that pops a man’s stylish balloon. Well looked-after black oxfords, brown brogues and white trainers are the perfect trio that works with every outfit combination.
Finally, no one should emulate others’ sense of style. After all, no one wants to be like a baker out on a vacation.
BY: UDAY ARORA
EMAIL ID: email@example.com